Herd of Cats
Where every night is Sega Nite!
You are hereBlogs / Akuf's blog / future shop offering trade in offer
By Akuf - Posted on 08 November 2013
I got there late aft. after my son's soccer practice. The guy said they had 500 people in line in the morning. All they had was Call of Duty for PC left. So, I took one thinking I'd flip it on Kijiji and use the cash towards something else. Well..... I wasn't the only one thinking that, have you seen Kijiji? It's full of CoD, Battlefield and Assassin's Creed games now. It's ridiculous and likely seriously messed up trade in values for these games for a long time to come.
That might have been the objective. Targeting the smaller trade in chains. Ruin the market for 3 triple A titles.
Wait, did I just agree with Revek?
Coxxorz was apparently asleep. Somebody poke him.
With a stick.
Okay, so after reading over 100 pages of forum posts on bargain & gaming sites, falling asleep, getting rudely awakened by something hot and pointy, having a snack and reading dozens more pages on Future Shop's forums, I can with 100% certainty confirm that this is probably legit.
Having said that, there is a TON of misinformation floating around about this, unintentional and otherwise. So allow me to break it down for you:
SHORT ANSWER: Trade any current gen game for current gen AC4/BF4/CoD Ghosts.
LONG ANSWER: That's right, any one used game from XB360/PS3/WiiU/PSVita/3DS can be traded in to Future Shop this weekend & Monday (Nov. 9-11) for one new copy of either Assassin's Creed 4, Battlefield 4, or Call of Duty Ghosts for either Xbox 360, Playstation 3 or Wii U.
TL;DR: Go back to bed, nobody is getting this.
Seriously. The internet is going apeshit over this deal. On one site I was reading, the forum posts were literally coming in faster than these human eyes could read them. Everyone is going to be lining up before store opening: gamers, bargain whores, gawkers, tweakers, welfare moms and their TPT kids. Even Swag wants in.
But if you intend to try, here are some important points to bear in mind:
- This is a limited time offer that ends when they run out of copies. No rainchecks.
- In Store only, as online reservation has been disabled.
- This applies to the standard edition only (typically $60 price point).
- Your trade must be in good condition and have the original game case.
- There is no minimum trade in value, and no excluded titles (so far).
- Not all stores are participating: Nanaimo, Kelowna, Woodbridge (Vaughan), Markham and Richmond Hill are out.
- You can only trade in for one game per store per day.
- You must be 18 years of age, as these games are rated M.
- Each trader ahead of you can take up to 10 minutes, depending on staff competence.
- Dress in layers.
- Future Shop's game trade-in page
- Future Shop Tech Forum post confirming FP article validity
- Future Shop Tech Forum admin posting FAQ and additional details
iTunes Store is selling Call of Duty: Zombies for just $1.99 ($2.79 CDN?)
The EA Publisher Sale has TitanFall 2 on sale for $40 in the Xbox Marketplace (normally $99). If you prefer more pickup the Titanfall 2/Battlefield 1 Deluxe Bundle for $56.10 (normally $169.99). So tempted but no (not yet).
Did Princess Leia just kill me?
From Zero Punctuation, Yahtzee presents, Hatfall (cue Adele)